Electrical Project Engineer –Intern, Spokane, WA
Spees Design Build (SDB) is seeking an Electrical Project Engineer – Intern to join our team.
SDB is a design-build firm that specializes in providing architecture, engineering, and project management consulting services. We are a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business with offices in the Pacific Northwest and in the Southeast. Remote work is also an option for certain roles. We work in teams, tackle exciting projects, and enjoy a stimulating and collegial environment.
The Electrical Project Engineer - Intern will be part of the dynamic A/E Design team within SDB’s Design-Bid-Build operations. This team is primarily involved in the design of various project types within the Veterans Affairs Medical Center systems throughout the western United States. The position collaborates with all other design discipline staff and will assist senior Electrical Engineers with various design tasks.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in the electrical engineering field
- Management potential.
- Comfortable working in small teams.
- Ability to work efficiently independently.
- Flexibility to work on a variety of tasks.
- Hardworking and passionate about learning.
- Knowledge and experience using software such as AutoCAD and REVIT are preferred.
- Proficiency in building and electrical codes and standards.
- Management potential.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Candidates will develop electrical-engineered construction drawings and specifications for a variety of projects including but not limited to health care, higher education, data centers, mission-critical, and plant experience.
- Assist with electrical engineering feasibility studies.
- Perform electrical engineering calculations.
- Fundamental project management
- Have a solid understanding of the scope of the work to be performed.
- Superior client-facing/client relationship/client management skills and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient utilization of MS Office software family products.
- Sitting at a desk and working on a computer for prolonged periods.
- Able to lift 15 pounds at times.
What we offer
- $18/hour compensation
- 40-hour week
- The intern will be reporting to our Lead Electrical Engineer
It is the employment policy and practice of Spees Design Build to recruit and to hire qualified employees without discrimination based on race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, mental and physical disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classes protected by applicable law, and to not discriminate with respect to compensation and opportunities for advancement, including upgrading, promotion, and transfers. We will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, please contact us.